Baby Suffers Horrific Burns After Boiling Hot Curry Sauce Melts Through…

A toddler has been left scarred for life after suffering horrific facial burns – from a pot of curry sauce.burnsLittle Sammi-Rai Thompson was covered in the scalding liquid which was so hot it melted through the bottom of a foam container and poured onto her face. The 16-month-old had been sleeping in her pushchair when granddad Colin Moore, 65, bought fish and chips for his family on the afternoon of September 29. ┬áBut as he passed out the meals at Weston-super-Mare’s Grand Pier the bottom of the container melted through and its contents spilled over the tot’s head and face.

Quick-thinking Colin ripped off his t-shirt and began wiping off the boiling hot liquid while Sammi-Rai screamed in agony. Frantic mum Lucyann Moore, 28, then rushed her daughter back to the chippy and pleaded with them to give her first aid.

Shockingly, she claims staff at Weston Fish & Chips Takeaway just smirked and talked in a foreign language to each other before refusing to help. The youngster was taken to Bristol Children’s Hospital by ambulance where doctors provided specialist treatment and applied bandages.

On Thursday Lucyann, from Kitts Green, Birmingham said she fears her daughter has now been left scarred for life by the burns which stretch from her ear to her cheek: “I held her in the ambulance while she was screaming, it was so heartbreaking. She had to be given morphine for the pain.”

Lucyann has reported the incident to North Somerset Council who confirmed its Trading Standards team are investigating. Weston Fish and Chips owner Alam Intekhab said: “We did serve them food but it was not hot enough to cause those injuries. We will of course work with the council during the investigation.”

October 22nd, 2015 by