Category: Breaking News

May 25th, 2017 by admin

Police and army bomb disposal are responding to an incident at a college in Manchester, the college has been evacuated and nearby roads closed.

More to follow…

Update…

An army bomb disposal unit is at a college in Trafford, Greater Manchester Police has said.

It is too early to say whether the alert is linked to its investigation into Monday’s bomb attack at Manchester Arena, the force said, but said it was an incident in Linby Street, Hulme.

Several roads are closed and officers are “assessing the situation”.

Meanwhile the threat level “will remain at critical and the public should remain vigilant”, Theresa May has said.

 

Posted in Breaking News

May 23rd, 2017 by admin

Saffie Rose Rousse – an eight-year-old schoolgirl – has been named as the second victim of the Manchester Arena bombing.

The little girl went to the pop singer Ariana Grande’s concert with her mother Lisa and sister Ashleee.

Her family had been frantically trying to trace the kittle girl following the blast at 10.30pm last night.

Chris Upton, headteacher at her school Tarleton Community Primary School, said: “Saffie was simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly.

“Saffie was quiet and unassuming with a creative flair.

More to follow…

Loading...

Posted in Breaking News

May 23rd, 2017 by admin

The first victim of the Manchester terror attack has been named locally as 16-year-old Georgina Callander.

She was one of the 22 people killed when an attacker set off an explosive device at the end of an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena last night.

Georgina had tweeted the US pop singer on Sunday, writing: ‘SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TOMORROW.’

A close friend told the Evening Standard the teenager died in hospital with her mother at her bedside in hospital.

Friends paid tribute to Georgina on social media, with one writing: ‘Rest in peace Gina. I love you so incredibly much, you deserved the world & more. I’m so lucky to have met you and known you.’

Another tweeted: ‘A beautiful girl with the kindest heart & soul, I’ll miss you forever, may you rest in a better place than here. I love you.’

James Perry wrote: ‘RIP Georgina Callander, 16 years old, her life absolutely robbed, heart goes out to her and all the other families #prayersforManchester’.

Posted in Breaking News

May 8th, 2017 by admin

A girl 6 has died and six others are injured after a bouncy castle exploded in a restaurant’s garden, flinging them more than 45ft into the air.

One girl died of her injuries overnight, while another two remain in a serious condition after the accident in Caldes de Malavella, a town in Girona, Spain on Sunday afternoon.

The children suffered various injuries when they were flung off the inflatable at about 3.45pm yesterday afternoon.

Debris was found more than 120ft away from the original site, including in the branches of trees and on the restaurant’s roof.

The children are aged between three and eleven.

An investigation is underway to find out what happened but it is believed one of the air valves failed and exploded when the pressure inside built up.

Emergency services remained on the scene all afternoon with seven ambulances and the two helicopters, as well as eight police cars and five fire crews.

The three most seriously hurt children were two girls aged six and seven and a boy of nine.

Posted in Breaking News

May 5th, 2017 by admin

A man is in hospital with life-threatening injuries after a helicopter crash.

Three men were in the aircraft when it came down at Wycombe Air Park near High Wycombe, in Buckinghamshire.

The helicopter was resting on its side on grass when ambulance crews arrived and the occupants were outside.

One was taken to hospital in Oxford with life-threatening injuries, while another had serious head, chest, leg, abdominal and shoulder injuries.

Posted in Breaking News

April 1st, 2017 by admin

A huge blast at a Paris carnival has left 30 people injured and several fighting for their lives.

The explosion took place in Villepinte at around 5.30 pm and photos show flames and plumes of smoke climbing into the sky.

Emergency services are at the scene and have cordoned off the surrounding area.

The cause of the explosion is not yet known but witnesses have reorted hearing loud bangs just before the carnage unfolded.

It is believed the locals were setting fire to an effigy called Mr Carnaval, a giant structure made out of straw and sticks that represents a human being.

But for some reason the ignition went out of control and an explosion took place.

More to follow…

Posted in Breaking News

March 23rd, 2017 by admin

‘Gun shots and explosions’ have been reported in Westminster after a suspect package was found less than a mile from where the London terror attack unfolded.

Witnesses reported the explosion at 8.30pm tonight and police confirmed that they had found a package near Buckingham Palace.

A Met Police spokesman claimed that no explosion has taken place on Birdcage Walk, near where mourners have gathered for a vigil in Trafalgar Square.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman told MailOnline that officers had been called after a suspect package was found in Birdcage Walk, close to Buckingham Palace.

Paul Abernethy‏ wrote on Twitter: ‘Down in Westminster, just heard what sounded like an explosion. Not sure what happened though. Police said they were dealing w/ new incident.’

A police spokesman said: ‘Officers were called at 7.40pm, he stated.

He said: ‘In this case we are dealing with a suspect package.’

The spokesman said police would not be releasing further information.

More to follow…

Posted in Breaking News

March 22nd, 2017 by admin

An explosion has rocked the Northern Irish town of Strabane – and police claim it was an attempt to kill officers.

A device exploded near a police patrol in Strabane, Co Tyrone on Tuesday night, the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.

The murder bid happened on the same day Northern Ireland’s former deputy first minister and ex-IRA commander Martin McGuinness died aged 66.

Superintendent Gordon McCalmont said it was “incredibly lucky” no one was killed.

He added: “At this time our assessment is that a device exploded while police were on patrol in the area of Townsend Street shortly after 8.30pm.

“The investigation is at an early stage and we have had to ask some residents to leave their homes while we carry out our inquiries.

“While we are unable to go into specifics of the incident at this stage, I am confident in saying that we are incredibly lucky that the lives of officers and other members of the community were not lost last night.

“We appreciate the understanding and patience of local residents while we carry out our inquiries and would appeal for anyone with information about suspicious activity in the area to contact us.”

Posted in Breaking News

March 20th, 2017 by admin

A plane has crashed in South Sudan carrying 44 passengers.

It is believed that everyone on board has been killed in the crash involving a South Spereme Airliner.

Pictures from the scene show the bulk of the plane has been destroyed after a fire broke out on board.

More to follow…

Posted in Breaking News

March 19th, 2017 by admin

A man has been knifed in front of terrified families as he pushed children on the swings in a playground.

The victim, who is in a stable condition in hospital, managed to stagger to a nearby pub where he was given first aid following the horror in Southwark, London, at around 1.20pm.

Stunned bystanders said the man was pushing two children on swings in the playground when a pair of youths attacked him, according to the Standard.

Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance were called to The Cut, where the victim was treated for his injuries.

The area was cordoned off by police investigating the stabbing.

A spokesman for the Met Police said: “A man, believed to be aged in his mid-20s, was found suffering from a stab injury.

“He was taken to a south London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.

“His injuries are not believed to life-threatening.

“At this early stage of the investigation, it is believed that the man was assaulted in Nelson Square.”

There have been no arrests so far.”

Posted in Breaking News