Category: News

September 19th, 2017 by admin

A mother who left her nine-month-old baby to died while she went and partied for a week is facing a 10-year prison sentence.

Viktoria Kuznetsova, 17, left baby Egor alone at home so that she could go and see friends who were in college accommodation.

She had waited for her husband to be called up for military service before abandoning her child who was found starved to death in his pram.

He posted a picture of Egor online saying ‘that’s what my son was like’ and is now seeking a divorce from her.

Kuznetsova wrote on VK – Russia’s version of Facebook – ‘everything is ok’ and ‘hanging out with Nastya’ and told friends that Egor’s aunt was looking after him.

Those messages were posted while her baby lay dying.

When she was arrested by police who had been alerted by neighbours, she told them that she didn’t want to look after Egor anymore.

She had given him to an orphanage when he was one month old, but he was returned to her six months later.

Posted in News

September 19th, 2017 by admin

A German schoolgirl who fled to join Daesh could face the death penalty, Iraq’s prime minister has hinted.

Haider al-Abadi confirmed that the country was still considering what charges to bring against Linda Wenzel and that the death penalty was still on the cards.

Al-Abadi said: ‘You know teenagers under certain laws, they are accountable for their actions especially if the act is a criminal activity when it amounts to killing innocent people.’

The Iraqi PM said that Linda Wenzel is currently still jailed in a Baghdad prison and that it would be ‘a case for the courts’ to decide if prosecutors will demand the death penalty.

Her father Reiner Wenzel said: ‘I want so much that my Linda comes home again healthy. I will always be there for her.’

According to local media, the latest words of the Iraqi PM have him even more worried than before.

Wenzel said: ‘I fear for her. The authorities absolutely have to bring her to Germany so that she can get a fair trial.’

Posted in News

September 19th, 2017 by admin

Coleen Rooney has reportedly issued Wayne with a set of rules to save their marriage.

The Everton striker admitted “he has let his family down” as he pleaded guilty to a charge of drink-driving yesterday at Stockport Magistrates Court.

He was charged with the offence after he was arrested at the wheel of party girl Laura Simpson’s VW Beetle earlier this month.

But pregnant Coleen is determined to keep their family together – and save their eight-year marriage.

According to Heat, the mum of Kai, seven, Klay, four, and 20-month-old Kit has a plan to get things back on track.

And Coleen has five rules she wants Wayne to follow to be a better husband.

Understandably, these include Wayne cutting down on his drinking.

She also wants them to have more fun as a couple, spend more time as a family, go on even more holidays together and spend time with their couple friends.

“Deep down, Coleen doesn’t want to divorce Wayne. She loves him and thinks it’s best for the boys that they stay together. And then there’s the unborn baby,too,” an unnamed source told the magazine.

“But this doesn’t mean she’s forgiven him – she’s suggested some guidlines she thinks will help the marriage, and she wants Wayne to stick to them.”

Posted in News

September 19th, 2017 by admin

A bus driver miraculously escaped unharmed after ploughing into a housing and shopping development in the heart of the West End.

The number 8 bus slammed into the Central St Giles development, designed by Renzo Piano, the architect behind the Shard, in Covent Garden at about 10.15pm on Sunday.

The front of the bus was badly crumpled after smashing into a pillar by a Pod Cafe after turning into Earnshaw Street.

Only the driver was on board as it was the start of its route,

Neighbour Tim Baros said: “The collision made a loud bang which sounded like a bomb.

“I went downstairs as soon as I could and saw the bus damaged.

“He must have taken the tight right-hand turn and misjudged the space as the street is much narrower than usual due to construction work on the road.”

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Autumn officially starts on Friday with the weather expected to take a turn for the worse with chilly nights returning.

But not before heat returns this week with thermometers poised to touch 21C in parts of the UK.

This comes after the country was hit by Storm Aileen last week.

Met Office forecaster Steven Keates said the warmest weather will be on Thursday – though there will be intermittent showers.

He said: “Things are going to turn warmer over the next few days and overall we are looking at a better week than last week.

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Armed special forces troops are being deployed on the London Underground and have been told to ‘shoot to kill’ terrorists.

Members of the SAS and the Special Reconnaissance Regiment have been told to target terrorists who are on trains, buses and planes.

It is believed some of the troops will patrol the busy tube network in the capital in pairs and will be disguised as couples.

They will be armed with Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistols so they can ‘take down’ potential gunmen and suicide bombers, reports the Daily Star Sunday.

Those in the special covert teams have been trained at the SAS base in Hereford for the past few months.

A source said they are trained in ‘rapid-fire techniques’ and told the newspaper: ‘The task force is comprised of some of the most experienced special forces personnel in the Army.

‘The unit is composed of some of both male and female personnel from the Special Reconnaissance Regiment who are trained killers and can pose as couples while travelling on public transport.’

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Former England captain Wayne Rooney has appeared in court and admitted drink-driving.

He was arrested when police stopped a car in Wilmslow, Cheshire, in the early hours on 1 September.

The 31 year-old was banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours of unpaid work as part of a 12 month community order.

Rooney was also ordered to pay £170 when he at appeared at Stockport Magistrates’ Court.

The Liverpool-born player rejoined his Everton this summer, 13 years after leaving for Manchester United.

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Mum Kait Ellen has taken to Facebook to warn other parents of the dangers of indoor trampoline parks, after her three-year-old son Colton fell and broke his femur bone.

When visiting an indoor trampoline park with her husband and three-year-old son Colton, US mum Kait had no idea what was about to happen.

Writing in a Facebook post, Kait said while Colton was happily bouncing, he fell on the trampoline and broke his femur (at the top of the thigh), ‘the strongest bone in his body’.

The incident left Colton ‘in a hip spica cast for the next 6 weeks.’

A hip spica cast is plaster that covers both legs from the ankles, all the way up to the waist.

When taking Colton to see a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Kait said she discovered there is an age recommendation for children using trampolines:

‘According to the America Academy of Pediatrics and the America Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons “children under the age of 6 should never use a trampoline.”

‘This is due to the fact that their fragile bones are not meant to withstand the repetitive pressure from jumping.

Posted in News

September 17th, 2017 by uknews24

The X Factor was back on our screens tonight, but there was one person who wasn’t on the judging panel: Simon Cowell . Yes, the big boss missed a number of hopefuls grace the audition stage at the beginning of tonight’s episode.

But why, you may ask? Because he was running late and stuck in a traffic jam, of course. That meant that Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger nominated Louis Walsh to be in charge for the day. “You’ve been here the longest – you run the show,” Sharon told him.

He relented and said: “Ok but we need two yeses.” Sharon threw her hands up and told him: “We don’t need any f***ing yeses, just put everybody through.” Laughing, they all took their seats and Louis, sitting between Nicole and Sharon, said: “We don’t need Simon!” Sharon agreed: “Simon who?!”

Posted in News

September 17th, 2017 by uknews24

A newborn baby boy “carefully wrapped” in a white blanket has been found in a park area, sparking fears for his mum’s health. Police were called to the scene near Balaam Street in Plaistow, east London, this morning following reports of an abandoned baby. The infant has since been taken to a nearby hospital , where he is being cared for. He has been called Harry by medical staff, police said.

Officers and hospital workers are now searching for the child’s missing mum. They are growing “increasingly concerned” for her welfare and have appealed for her to come forward so she can receive medical care and support. In a statement, the Met Police said officers were called to the park area at around 8.20am.

“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the boy, who was carefully wrapped in a white blanket, has been taken to an east London hospital where he is being cared for,” the force said. “The child has been called Harry by medical staff,” it added.

Posted in News