Category: News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Autumn officially starts on Friday with the weather expected to take a turn for the worse with chilly nights returning.

But not before heat returns this week with thermometers poised to touch 21C in parts of the UK.

This comes after the country was hit by Storm Aileen last week.

Met Office forecaster Steven Keates said the warmest weather will be on Thursday – though there will be intermittent showers.

He said: “Things are going to turn warmer over the next few days and overall we are looking at a better week than last week.

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Armed special forces troops are being deployed on the London Underground and have been told to ‘shoot to kill’ terrorists.

Members of the SAS and the Special Reconnaissance Regiment have been told to target terrorists who are on trains, buses and planes.

It is believed some of the troops will patrol the busy tube network in the capital in pairs and will be disguised as couples.

They will be armed with Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistols so they can ‘take down’ potential gunmen and suicide bombers, reports the Daily Star Sunday.

Those in the special covert teams have been trained at the SAS base in Hereford for the past few months.

A source said they are trained in ‘rapid-fire techniques’ and told the newspaper: ‘The task force is comprised of some of the most experienced special forces personnel in the Army.

‘The unit is composed of some of both male and female personnel from the Special Reconnaissance Regiment who are trained killers and can pose as couples while travelling on public transport.’

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Former England captain Wayne Rooney has appeared in court and admitted drink-driving.

He was arrested when police stopped a car in Wilmslow, Cheshire, in the early hours on 1 September.

The 31 year-old was banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours of unpaid work as part of a 12 month community order.

Rooney was also ordered to pay £170 when he at appeared at Stockport Magistrates’ Court.

The Liverpool-born player rejoined his Everton this summer, 13 years after leaving for Manchester United.

Posted in News

September 18th, 2017 by admin

Mum Kait Ellen has taken to Facebook to warn other parents of the dangers of indoor trampoline parks, after her three-year-old son Colton fell and broke his femur bone.

When visiting an indoor trampoline park with her husband and three-year-old son Colton, US mum Kait had no idea what was about to happen.

Writing in a Facebook post, Kait said while Colton was happily bouncing, he fell on the trampoline and broke his femur (at the top of the thigh), ‘the strongest bone in his body’.

The incident left Colton ‘in a hip spica cast for the next 6 weeks.’

A hip spica cast is plaster that covers both legs from the ankles, all the way up to the waist.

When taking Colton to see a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Kait said she discovered there is an age recommendation for children using trampolines:

‘According to the America Academy of Pediatrics and the America Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons “children under the age of 6 should never use a trampoline.”

‘This is due to the fact that their fragile bones are not meant to withstand the repetitive pressure from jumping.

Posted in News

September 17th, 2017 by uknews24

The X Factor was back on our screens tonight, but there was one person who wasn’t on the judging panel: Simon Cowell . Yes, the big boss missed a number of hopefuls grace the audition stage at the beginning of tonight’s episode.

But why, you may ask? Because he was running late and stuck in a traffic jam, of course. That meant that Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger nominated Louis Walsh to be in charge for the day. “You’ve been here the longest – you run the show,” Sharon told him.

He relented and said: “Ok but we need two yeses.” Sharon threw her hands up and told him: “We don’t need any f***ing yeses, just put everybody through.” Laughing, they all took their seats and Louis, sitting between Nicole and Sharon, said: “We don’t need Simon!” Sharon agreed: “Simon who?!”

Posted in News

September 17th, 2017 by uknews24

A newborn baby boy “carefully wrapped” in a white blanket has been found in a park area, sparking fears for his mum’s health. Police were called to the scene near Balaam Street in Plaistow, east London, this morning following reports of an abandoned baby. The infant has since been taken to a nearby hospital , where he is being cared for. He has been called Harry by medical staff, police said.

Officers and hospital workers are now searching for the child’s missing mum. They are growing “increasingly concerned” for her welfare and have appealed for her to come forward so she can receive medical care and support. In a statement, the Met Police said officers were called to the park area at around 8.20am.

“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended and the boy, who was carefully wrapped in a white blanket, has been taken to an east London hospital where he is being cared for,” the force said. “The child has been called Harry by medical staff,” it added.

Posted in News

September 16th, 2017 by uknews24

Two explosions have ripped through a bakery in Barcelona this morning injuring at least seven people, it has been reported. The first and much larger blast occurred around 7am local time and was followed by a much smaller explosion.

They struck the bakery on the first floor of a seven-storey building on Carrer de la Marina, just a few blocks from the popular La Sagrada Familia tourist attraction. El Pais reported neighbours were being treated for smoke inhalation as authorities said it was likely caused by gas.

Neighbour Belen Ortega told the paper: “I heard a very strong explosion and the building shook. “I woke up, I saw flames and then smoke. I went to get my son and when I went out there were firefighters – they were very fast.” Jordi Canal, another neighbour, described seeing the bakery on fire and a lot of smoke coming out.

Posted in Breaking News, News

September 15th, 2017 by uknews24

A suspected knifeman has been arrested after being tasered by police in Birmingham city centre.  Images on social media emerged showing the man lying motionless on the ground while an officer covered him with a taser.

The incident occurred near busy New Street Station at around 2pm local time.  A British Transport Police spokesman said: “A man has been arrested outside HSBC bank near Birmingham New Street station at 13.15 today.

“Officers were initially responding to a call regarding a concern for welfare outside the station, when a man was seen with a knife, he was subsequently arrested on possession of bladed article and has been taken to hospital. The incident is believed to be drug related.”

Posted in News

July 24th, 2017 by admin

A truck driver deliberately drove at pedestrians in Manchester city centre last night.

Police have confirmed the incident was not a terror attack but believe the driver was targeting a pedestrian.

The red lorry struck one man during the incident on Well Street, next to The Printworks , shortly after 11.20pm.

The man made off from the scene in a BMW before officers arrived to the scene.

He was later found and was not suffering from any serious injuries.

The truck chased the man in the BMW for a short time and a window of the car was smashed.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting the reference number 2337 of 23/07/17 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Posted in News

July 22nd, 2017 by admin

Britain’s most notorious hate preacher has received more than £140,000 in taxpayer-funded legal aid in his attempt to dodge jail for supporting ISIS.

Anjem Choudary was put behind bars in August after being found guilty of inciting support for the terror group in a series of sick online lectures.

He is believed to have inspired at least 110 Britons into committing terrorist acts and encouraged up to 850 fanatics to travel to Syria to fight for the Islamic State.

It has been revealed he billed the taxpayer £140,557 for his unsuccessful court battle – and the figure is set to rise as his lawyers continue to file claims.

The data, revealed in a freedom of information request, includes £98,122 to pay for a solicitor, £23,569 for another court lawyer, and £18,866 in legal firm expenses.

After an Old Bailey trial shrouded in secrecy, Choudary was found guilty of ‘inviting support for a proscribed organisation’ under the Terrorism Act 2000.

His deputy, Mizanur Rahman, was convicted of the same offence, and the pair were each sentenced to five and a half years in prison.

Choudary has long served as the smug public face of radical Islam, organising protests against British troops and spouting his bile in TV interviews.

Posted in News